You need to know...
Our success starts with you!
We take the business of tutoring very seriously.
That is why we provide our tutors with some of the best commissions in the industry. This enables you to provide a professional and effective service to our clients. However, it also allows you to work in an independent and flexible manner that fits around your needs too.
It’s a win-win situation!
APPLY AS A TUTOR
Your journey with us starts here!
Submit your tutor application here
To support your application, you will need to upload:
- Read the role description and requirements on this page
- Complete an application form
- Pass all relevant qualification checks
Once we have received and reviewed your submission, we will contact you to discuss the outcome of your application.
Call us at 0800 6891 329
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developing your own lesson plans
- Ensuring your own transport to and from clients' homes
- Recording and submitting your weekly lesson schedules
- Providing regular feedback on your experience/reporting issues
- Availability to tutor 4+ hours/week*
- Willingness to travel to clients' homes
- The Right to Work in the United Kingdom
- Self-employment status with the HMRC
- A graduate degree in the subject you wish to tutor
- Relevant experience teaching a subject (if different from your degree)
- A current DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate
We calculate tutoring fees based on:
- The subject and level of tutoring
- Specific client needs
- Special requests (e.g. marking, homework, exam preparation)
- The tutor’s qualifications and professional expertise
- Tutor travel time and expenses
- Payment is collected online by Home-School Tutoring Essex
- Earnings are paid to tutors on the 8th of each month (or the following Monday, if it falls on a weekend)
- Tutors must record and submit their time sheets to be eligible for payment
- Home-School Tutoring Essex collects a commission fee on all recorded earnings